Our client in Mallow, North Cork is seeking a herd manager to join their family-run enterprise. This herd is Spring calving, milking 300 cows through a 24-unit herringbone parlour.
The is a high performing herd with a focus on excellent pasture utilisation and cow management. Modern facilities on a grass-based system with a milking platform of 110 ha. A stocking rate of 3.1 cows/ha.
The ideal candidate will be trustworthy and reliable with a desire to learn and progress. Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are essential.
- Competent in milking routines
- Prioritising the daily jobs and making sure they get done.
- Grassland management
- Animal health
- Calving and breeding
- Parlour and milking hygiene
- Health and safety on the farm
- Tractor experience necessary
- Other jobs as necessary to facilitate the day to day management of the Farm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a forward-thinking, successful dairy enterprise with an excellent remuneration package is on offer.
Accommodation is available located near the farm.
For more information and to start discussing your future with us please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com
`or contact Donal on: 0863616205