Location: Crewe, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Adjusted Area: 87.06 Hectares
- Tillage Farm Converting to Dairy Operation.
- New Paddock, Roadway & Water Layout required.
- Farm is proposed to carry 300 Cows.
- Paddocks to be designed for 24hr grazing.
Existing Farm Map
– A GPS survey of the farm was carried out on-site by our surveyor.
– Positions of all existing fence lines, hedges, open drains, ESB poles, existing farm roadways and outside boundaries of the farmyard mapped.
– Existing farm map is produced in the office with all paddocks numbered and areas given.
– Adjusted area of land available to graze determined.
Proposed Layouts 1 & 2
– Adjusted area determined at 87.06 hectares.
– Target stocking rate 3.4 cows/ha.
– 300 cow farm.
– Approx paddock size of 3.24ha (8 acres).
– Consistent paddock size not always achievable where hedges are present.
– Final Layout decided following consultation with the client.
– Paddock sizes where increased as requested by the client to approximatly 3.44 hectares (8.5 acres)
– New and existing roadways give good access to all paddocks.
– New roadways have been shaped to optimise cow flow.
– Paddock 24 has not been given road access for now to minimise initial layout costs.
Kevin Cashman – Grasstec Farm Mapping
“I take information gathered by our surveyor and produce the Grasstec Farm Map which shows all existing fence lines, hedges, open drains, ESB poles and farm buildings. The Grasstec Farm Map provides a numbering system and the area of each paddock. Where new or revised layout works are requested, I use the experience I have gained from working on numerous previous farm layouts of varying sizes and complexities to give new paddock, roadway and water layouts which suit each differing situations.”