An exciting full-time position has arisen to join our team as a herdsperson. We are close to lots of excellent amenities located just outside the town of Celbridge, Co Kildare and less than a 30min drive to Dublin city centre.
We are a newly converted dairy farm with excellent facility’s including, 54 point Waikato rotary milking shed; complete with auto plant wash, auto drafting system, new cubicles, calving shed & calf rearing facility. We are a grass-based system and block calve our cows in Feb & March.
Key roles of the job will include:
- Milking – A shared roster with just one milking per day and weekend milking once a month.
- Grassland management & feed allocation – We put a big focus on grassland management and science following all best practices.
- Animal health & husbandry – Taking great care of our cows and new born calves is hugely important to us. You will be involved in all aspects of calving, colostrum management, calf rearing, breeding, antibiotic treatments and record keeping.
- Responsibility – Have a willingness to take on responsibility for any aspect of the farm.
- Health and Safety – Mindful to implement aspects of all Health and Safety on the farm.
- Machinery operation – Beneficial to have some machinery experience but not essential.
For the successful applicant you will be involved in a forward-thinking business where you will be working as part of a large team in an enjoyable & learning environment with great scope for development. Good communication and attitude are very important for this role as you will be working within a large team. We offer training and mentoring in all aspects of the role and gladly invest time to improve skill sets in all areas.
We offer an enjoyable environment to work in and an excellent working roster with lots of time off, you would be required to work just one weekend per month with the other weekends off. We offer an attractive salary with accommodation if required. If you want to find out more about this position call 087-7723114 for all other details