- Farm is located close to Celbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
- Grazing Platform of 158ha plus access to additional lands for fodder
- Currently milking 360 – plans to calve 460+ in Spring 2021 and growth of herd to over 600 by Spring 2022
- High spec new build farmyard with 54 bale rotary parlour, open cubicles, spring calving grass-based system
Farm owner lives on-farm but has off-farm business interests so doesn’t have time to dedicate full-time to farming. Is very focused on achieving high standards and high performance to grow a profitable and sustainable business. Seeks a like-minded individual to partner with and manage the implementation and growth plan.
We are seeking a Farm Manager who will fulfil the following roles:
● Manage the herd health of the dairy herd
● Manage the farm staff roster – Organising the daily routine and managing a staff of 4
FTE and other part-time
● Prioritising daily jobs and making sure they get done.
● Grassland Management
● Cost Management
● Parlour and milking hygiene
● Health and safety on the farm
● General upkeep and maintenance of machinery and farm
● Weekly reporting to farm owners
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have gained sufficient experience on similar large scale dairy operations in Ireland/UK & NZ
- Have experience of implementing and working with lean management processes
- Be competent in milking routines, breeding, calving and calf rearing
- Be comfortable to work with large numbers of livestock
- Have demonstrated an ability to manage a team of people in a fast-paced environment
- Have a willingness to take on responsibility
- Have a good knowledge and willingness to assume responsibility for the farm profitability
- Have excellent communication skills
Package on Offer:
A salary will be offered to reflect the experience of the chosen candidate. This will be competitive relative to the market place. The option will exist for the suitable candidate to benefit from a bonus structure linked to Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) within the farm. This bonus structure could include owning a portion of the herd.
Accommodation can be provided on the farm for a single person or a family where necessary.
Regular time off is available.
This positioned advertised is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for the next challenge in their career.
Please email your CV’s for consideration to: email@example.com