An exciting opportunity has arisen at Glenmore Estate, Donegal, North West of Ireland. Ireland’s leading sustainable group of companies incorporating several medium and large-scale renewable energy technologies, diary, sheep, beef, arable and
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Dairy Farm Manager to join our Team. This is an excellent
opportunity for someone with a passion for dairy farming. This role reports into the Company Operations
• The Dairy Farm Manager will be responsible for our state of the art Indoor Robotic dairy farm which
includes a 750 cow herd.
• The overall day to day running of the Dairy farm operations and site profitability.
• Lead and direct the work of all employees on site.
• Oversee all aspects of company policy, production methodology and site initiatives.
• Continuously improve the process/standards of the site and implement changes as required.
• Overall responsibility for managing farms resources
• Daily operations and management of the farm and ensure high levels of milk production at all times.
• Cow fertility, herd health & nutrition requirements.
• Responsible for driving the daily performance of the farm to ensure that production targets and quality
parameters are met.
• Working with the Operations Manager, the farm manager is responsible for managing the
performance of people (including discipline).
• Identify recruitment needs-maintain sufficient staff levels on site.
• Identify training needs and implementing- ensure that all staff receive sufficient training to enable
them to carry out their duties in the most efficient manner possible.
• Inputting into the budgetary process.
• Health and safety responsibility.
• Sign off all hours on a weekly basis for the wage department.
• Completion of all necessary paperwork relating to the Management role.
• Effective communication with all departments within the company.
• Responsible for the weekly KPI’s of the farm.
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change and amendment
Experience and Qualifications
• Proven track record in Dairy/Farm /People management, ideally will have an element of all, or
demonstrate the ability to develop these skills.
• Strong Agricultural background.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
• Full Clean Driving licence
In return, you will benefit from a competitive remuneration package and development opportunities within a
nationally recognised company with exceptional professional growth potential. On farm accommodation
provided if required.
Landline : 074 91 30378 Ext 2
Mobile: 086 0616505
Contact : Tracey