At Grasstec we can prepare Commencement Notices for those who are about to start construction projects.
A Commencement Notice is a notification to a Building Control Authority that a person intends to carry out either works or a Material Change of Use to which the Building Regulations apply.
The notice must be given to the authority, not more than 28 days and not less than 14 days before the commencement of works or the change of use.
Once validated by the building control authority, works must commence on site within the 28 day period.
Do all developments require a Commencement Notice?
Commencement Notices are required for the following:
- The erection of a building
- A material alteration of a building
- An extension to a building
- A material change of use of a building
- Works in connection with the material alteration (excluding minor works) of a shop, office or industrial building where a Fire Safety Certificate is not required
A Commencement Notice is not required for:
1. Works or a change of use which requires neither planning permission, nor a Fire Safety Certificate