Due to continued growth and demand for its services Grasstec Group are seeking to hire a Civil Engineer with Agricultural experience to service the UK market.
Grasstec Group is a dynamic company serving the Agricultural Sector since 1996. It offers a range of services such as Farm Mapping, Design of Grazing Infrastructure, Planning Farmyard Developments, Grassland Consultancy, Precision Farming Solutions from Trimble & Livestock Trading for dairy farmers. The markets Grasstec covers include Ireland and the United Kingdom where our services are provided by a team of 35 staff. As a company, we have successfully serviced the UK market since 2001.
The role of a Civil Engineer in Grasstec involves:
- Using the latest Surveying Instruments including GPS & Totals Stations to carry out Topographical Surveys on farms.
- Preparing maps of farms showing the present-day layouts.
- Designing Grazing Infrastructure to support efficient grazing systems
- Planning new farm buildings on Greenfield sites or within existing farmyards
- Designing projects such as cubicle sheds, milking parlours (rotaries, herringbones & robotic systems), slurry storage facilities, silage pits, calf sheds, underpasses etc.
- Preparing & submitting planning applications.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Achieving the best design outcomes for our customers
- Work with the existing Team of Engineers in Grasstec
- Achieve Sales Targets
- Develop new clients & work with our existing clients
- Generate marketing material to promote the awareness of the company
- Travel across the UK (England, Scotland & Wales) to service our clients
- Drive a quad bike to carry out our mapping services
- Attend trade shows
The preferred candidate will:
- Have a dairy farming background
- A Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of dairy farm systems
- Work on their own initiative and be a problem solver
- Be proficient in the use of Autocad Software
- Have experience in using surveying equipment such as Trimble
- Have excellent communication skills
- Full clean drivers licence
A period of training in Ireland will be required by the successful candidate. The length of this training will depend on the candidate’s experience but could be in the region of 3 to 6 months. This training will be based from our offices in Ireland. It will be in place to ensure our customers in the UK will receive the highest level of service.
The Position & Remuneration:
The job on offer is a full-time salaried position. The remuneration package will reflect the experience of the candidate.
Please submit on email a Cover Letter and CV by Wednesday 20th of January 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org