Due to continued growth and demand for our design services, we are seeking to hire a Civil Engineer with Agricultural experience to be based in The United Kingdom.
The successful candidate will have a background in or experience working within the Dairy Farm sector, however, training will be provided.
As a key member of a closely-knit team, your contribution will be both valuable and valued. You must be skilful at seeking new opportunities for Grasstec and building strong customer relationships.
It is an exciting opportunity for an individual to make an impact with Grasstec as we continue to expand.
Grasstec Group is a dynamic company serving the Agricultural Sector since 1996. We offer various services such as Farm Mapping, Design of Grazing Infrastructure, Planning Farmyard Developments, Precision Farming Solutions, Recruitment & Livestock Trading. Grasstec provides these services across Ireland & The UK with a combined staff of 35 people.
The role of a Civil Engineer at Grasstec involves:
- Working with progressive farmers who are looking to build modern & efficient farm building layouts.
- Creating practical & thought-provoking designs.
- Carry out face-to-face farm consultations.
- Designing projects like milking parlours, silage pits, slurry storage solutions, calf housing, cubicle sheds, robotic milking setups, cattle underpasses etc.
- Calculating slurry storage requirements based on the local nitrates regulations.
- Preparing & submitting planning applications.
The preferred candidate:
- Will have a degree in Civil / Mechanical /Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of current dairy farm systems
- Work on their own initiative and be a problem solver
- Be proficient in the use of Autocad Software
- Have excellent communication skills
- Living in The United Kingdom
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience post-qualifying
- Will have grown up on a dairy farm
A period of training with our team based in Ireland will be required as part of an initial one-week induction & training program (3-4 days per month for up to 3 months). The duration of training will depend on the candidates’ experience and their ability to demonstrate they can fulfil the role effectively. (All travel and subsistence will be covered during this time).
This will be in place to ensure our customers in The United Kingdom will receive the highest level of service.
The Position & Remuneration:
The job on offer is a full-time salaried position. The remuneration package will reflect the experience of the candidate.
Please submit on email a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 12pm Wednesday 23rd of August 2023.