Due to continued growth and demand for our design services in the UK, we are seeking to hire a Civil Engineer with Agricultural experience.
Grasstec Group is a dynamic company serving the Agricultural Sector since 1996. We offer a range of services such as Farm Mapping, Design of Grazing Infrastructure, Planning Farmyard Developments, Precision Farming Solutions, Recruitment & Livestock Trading. Grasstec provides these services across Ireland & The UK with a combined staff of 35 people.
The role of a Civil Engineer at Grasstec involves:
- Working with progressive farmers who are looking to build modern & efficient farm-building layouts.
- Creating practical & thought-provoking designs.
- Carry out face-to-face farm consultations.
- Designing projects like milking parlours, silage pits, slurry storage solutions, calf housing, cubicle sheds, robotic milking setups, cattle underpasses etc.
- Calculating slurry storage requirements based on the local nitrates regulations.
- Preparing & submitting planning applications.
- Using the latest Surveying Instruments including GPS & Totals Stations to carry out Topographical Surveys on farms.
The preferred candidate:
- Have a Level 8 degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of dairy farm systems
- Work on their own initiative and be a problem solver
- Be proficient in the use of Autocad Software
- Have excellent communication skills
- Would ideally be located in the Midlands of England.
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Have 3 to 5 years experience post-qualifying.
A period of training in Ireland with our team will be required as part of an induction & training program. The duration of training will depend on the candidate’s experience and their ability to demonstrate they can fulfil the role effectively.
This training will be based from our offices in Ireland. It will be in place to ensure our customers in the UK will receive the highest level of service.
The Position & Remuneration:
The job on offer is a full-time salaried position. The remuneration package will reflect the experience of the candidate.
Please submit on email a Cover Letter and CV by Friday 7th December 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org