Due to continued growth and demand for our design services, we are seeking to hire a Civil Engineer with Agricultural experience to be based in Northern Ireland.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a background in or experience working within the Agricultural or Dairy Farm sector, however, training will be provided.
As a key member of a closely-knit team, your contribution will be both valuable and valued. You must be skilful at seeking new opportunities for Grasstec and building strong customer relationships.
It is an exciting opportunity for an individual to make an impact with Grasstec as we continue to expand. Our office is based in Charleville, Co. Cork, however, this role will be predominantly field based covering the territory of Northern Ireland – we, therefore, welcome candidates living in Northern Ireland or close to the border.
Grasstec Group is a dynamic company serving the Agricultural Sector since 1996. We offer various services such as Farm Mapping, Design of Grazing Infrastructure, Planning Farmyard Developments, Precision Farming Solutions, Recruitment & Livestock Trading. Grasstec provides these services across Ireland & The UK with a combined staff of 35 people.
The role of a Civil / Mechanical Engineer at Grasstec involves:
- Working with progressive farmers who are looking to build modern & efficient farm building layouts.
- Creating practical & thought provoking designs.
- Carry out face-to-face farm consultations.
- Designing projects like milking parlours, silage pits, slurry storage solutions, calf housing, cubicle sheds, robotic milking setups, cattle underpasses etc.
- Calculating slurry storage requirements based on the local nitrates regulations.
- Preparing & submitting planning applications.
- Using the latest Surveying Instruments including GPS & Totals Stations to carry out Topographical Surveys on farms.
The preferred candidate:
- Will have a degree in Civil / Mechanical /Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of agricultural or dairy farm systems
- Work on their own initiative and be a problem solver
- Be proficient in the use of Autocad Software
- Have excellent communication skills
- Living in or close to Northern Ireland
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience post-qualifying.
A period of training with our team based in Cork will be required as part of an initial one-week induction & training program (3-4 days per month for up to 3 months). The duration of training will depend on the candidates’ experience and their ability to demonstrate they can fulfil the role effectively. (All travel and subsistence will be covered during this time).
This will be in place to ensure our customers in Northern Ireland will receive the highest level of service.
The Position & Remuneration:
The job on offer is a full-time salaried position. The remuneration package will reflect the experience of the candidate.
Please submit on email a Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
The closing date is 12pm Tuesday 4th of April 2023.