How the process works
Frequently Asked Questions
Who uses your farmyard design service?
- Farmers who are looking to expand their existing facilities and want to ensure they plan their developments carefully by looking at all options on paper first.
- Those who have expanded their herds in recent years but facilities like the milking parlour & cubicle housing have now become too small to handle the expanding herd.
- Farmers looking to develop new farmyards on greenfield sites.
What are the common mistakes made by farmers who don’t take time to plan developments within their farmyard?
- Buildings can be constructed in a location that prevents the expansion of the farmyard in a particular direction
- Poor cow flow often results from poorly planned yards
- Cost over runs are common where no detailed drawings or levels have been noted in advance of building project
Have your designers farming experience?
- All our farmyard designers have first-hand experience of farming having grown up on farms. This experience combined with degrees in Civil Engineering allow our designers provide practical design to any farm development.
Are sites surveyed?
Yes we survey the site where any development is proposed. We using the latest GPS & Robotic Total Stations to determine the levels, field boundaries and position of existing buildings.
Why do sites need to be surveyed?
A lot of important information is provided by a site survey especially in terms of the levels present on a site. Ignoring levels can prove very costly especially if one has to buy in a lot of stone to fill up a site. It’s always cheaper to work with gravity as opposed to against it.
Do you prepare planning applications?
Yes we provide a nationwide service preparing and submitting planning applications. See a link here for further information.