An Assistant Farm Manager position has become available on a grass-based dairy farm in Tipperary. This is an excellent opportunity to progress in your dairy career.
The herd is an expanding Spring calving herd, currently milking 350 cows through a 32-unit herringbone parlour.
Replacements are reared on the farm.
This is a high performing farm, with huge emphasis on grassland and cow management.
The ideal candidate will be honest and trustworthy with a desire to learn and progress. Good communication skills and an ability to work as part of a team is essential.
The candidate must have a willingness to take on responsibility. It is important that the candidate is comfortable working with numbers.
- Grassland management
- Herd health management
- Competent in milking routines and calf rearing
- Calving and breeding
- Parlour and milking hygiene
- Health and safety on farm
- Tractor experience necessary
- Prioritising daily jobs and getting them done
- Clear progression opportunities going forward for the right candidate
This is a great opportunity for someone to get involved in a successful forward-thinking dairy farm business.
Send CVs and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org